Tuesday, October 9, 2007

an acoustic guitar

An acoustic guitar is a very basic form of a guitar. It is symbolized by a distinct and a unique sound. It is a no hassle instrument which is portable (which will help you have a nice time wherever you are).
As a kid ,I never really valued my acoustic guitar. It was a f-cut acoustic guitar. It looked pretty good when I started out but the same sound bored me.
.The other beginner guitarists I knew of, had better acoustic guitar than mine. I used to play their guitar sometimes, and it used to feel real good. Their guitars were much bigger than mine, the sound was really crisp and the fretboard felt real smooth. I started hating my guitar from that day on. I still continued practicing on my guitar as I had no other option but as they say "it’s only human to want more”, the craving for an electric guitar became stronger day by day. My rock idols I grew up idolizing on television always had an electric guitar around their neck and it seemed much cooler than a wood-made, less attractive, acoustic guitar.
So after 1 and a half years of learning guitar, I finally gave in on an electric guitar. It is a givson electric guitar with a red and black body. It was for only 4k.That's a price people pay for a good acoustic guitar. I never really did much research on the types,brands,etc of electric guitar, so it was pretty easy for me to buy a guitar. With an electric guitar, 2 other things become important: an amplifier and a processor.
Everyone knows what an amplifier is.
A processor is a device which changes the sound of an electric guitar; it can range from the soft rock sound to the heavy metal ear-shattering sound.
I didn't really look into these before buying the guitar. I was without an amp and a processor for most of the part. I used to connect my guitar to the audio speakers of my music device. That would work wonders.
I started playing more on this new guitar and less on my original guitar, but it came to a point when my electric guitar sounded Pretty bland, pretty similar to my acoustic guitar minus the warm sound. It got monotonous.So, after a year since I had bought my guitar, I bought an amp and a processor. I was finally happy about it. After two months of playing with a processor, I got bored of the different sounds it could produce.
The hassles with an electric guitar are endless. All the wiring required must be good, otherwise be ready top have a bad sound full of screeches and blank spaces.
so, I got what I wanted, and I was quite satisfied with it, but I started missing the acoustic sound which could never be replicated by my processor.
i would never be blessed by that sound on my electric guitar.

so, after a while, I just started playing my first guitar, a guitar I had taken for granted, a guitar I had totally denied ever since the arrival of my new one.
So I touch this guitar, full of dust and fungus. But it doesn’t matter; I had suddenly realized the true worth of it.
Around this time I heard a lot of artists who used their acoustic guitars as their main weapon of music.
Artists like John Mayer, Dave Matthews, Travis, Goo Goo Dolls and Dashboard Confessional. The way these artists use their acoustic guitars is totally amazing.
These artists go beyond the usual 2-3 chord rule and discover their instruments to the maximum.

So what is my point exactly? an acoustic guitar is a really good instrument. It’s a masterpiece not to be taken for granted.Althogh it took me a little while; I have fallen in love with its sound: organic, natural, pure, mystifying, and beautiful
An electric guitar has more requirements attached to it .But that's not the case with an acoustic.
To sum it all up, an electric guitar is like a girl who uses all kinds of eye-liners,gloss,powders,(girls help me out with this) to look beautiful but an acoustic guitar is like a plain Jane who doesn't care for the make up. She’s happy with whatever she is.

Take care!

1 comment:

Webwriter said...

I don't play the guitar, but if it were me, I'd go with the semi-acoustic.
Not totally the goody-two-shoes, but definately someone naughty ;o)